- The body is the temple of life.
- Energy is the force of life.
- Spirit is the governor of life.
- If body, energy or spirit goes off balance, all of them are damaged.
- The Three Treasures: body, energy and spirit.
- When the spirit takes command, the body naturally follows and this arrangement benefits all Three Treasures.
- When the body leads the way, the spirit goes along, and this harms all Three Treasures.
- Life essence is a form of potential energy, like a battery fluid, from which the body draws energy as required.
- Life essence provides strength, vitality and immunity and it is most easily depleted through chronic stress, malnutrition and illness.
- Spirit refers to the mind and all of its facets and functions.
- Spirit is immaterial, luminous and resides in the heart.
- Spirit is the mind of Life Force, the immortal soul, the original light of consciousness.
- Every human being posses the mind of Life Force in his or her heart, but very few are aware of it.
- Health and longevity are sustained not by doctors and drugs but by carefully guarding the Three Treasures of life, and the onset of any disease is a clear indication of one's own failure to maintain a strong defense system.
Beth G. Owens, Dipl. Ac., L. Ac. practices acupuncture and oriental medicine in downtown Frederick, Maryland and formerly at the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine & Digestive Center in Baltimore.
Using a unique blend of protocols integrated into her practice over the past sixteen years, Beth effectively treats chronic and acute conditions. She specializes in allergy elimination, pain management, orthopedic acupuncture, sports acupuncture, oncology support, and general family wellness care while also providing preventive and optimum performance health care.
Beth sees true health and happiness naturally unfold when the body, mind, and spirit properly align. Beth encourages her patients to take personal responsibility for their health by educating themselves on their options in both eastern and western treatment modalities.
For Beth the unique role of complementary medicine today is to meet each patient individually where they are in their journey toward health and to help them take their next steps toward achieving their personal health goals.
Beginning in 1983, my allergies were so severe that I was dependent on allergy shots to keep me functioning. After completing allergy treatments with Beth Owens, I have had fantastic health, and have not had allergy shots now for one and a half years.
I also completed the JMT arthritis protocol last summer, and since then, for the first time in almost 30 years, I have had no arthritic pain or dysfunction. It is an understatement to say that I am thrilled with the treatments I have received from Beth!
In utmost gratitude,
Completing over 1300 hours of classroom and clinical training with the Maryland Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beth trained in acupuncture, Chinese herbology, and body energetics. She holds a Maryland Acupuncture License and is board certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Beth is currently in private practice in historic downtown Frederick, Maryland. Formerly, she has practiced in Denver, Colorado and at the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine & Digestive Center.
Beth maintains an aggressive continuing education program each year. She has extensive additional training in Sports Acupuncture, Orthopedic Acupuncture, Integrative Query Systems and advanced level certifications in the following protocols: Nambudripod Allergy Elimination, BioSET Allergy Elimination, Jaffe-Mellor Technique, and Contact Reflex Analysis.
Beth founded and acted as chairperson of the Ethics Committee for the Acupuncture Association of Colorado, and adheres only to strict ethical standards of practice in her daily operations.
Beth is a volunteer for Hospice of Frederick County.
Beth also maintains an active volunteer status with her cocker spaniel as a Certified Therapy Pet Team.
Stuffed up, low energy, constant gas, hives, dry skin, nasal drip, passing out and ear aches. These are the symptoms I dealt with for 47 years. Almost everything I ate or breathed had a negative reaction on my body. I should have been a rabbit because lettuce and water, I could tolerate.
After a doctor told me I had Meniere's disease and there was no cure... I was desperate! Traditional medicine was not helping and I was tired of band-aids. That's when I found Beth Owens. Within weeks I began feeling better. I lost the ball and chain - my stomach was quiet, I wasn't living in a Kleenex box - I could actually breath, my skin had a glow, and my earaches were gone!
I thank Beth Owens for my renewed health and energy. I truly feel 10 years younger!-Linda H.